Monday, June 7, 2010

Even Better the Second Time Around

If you're as obsessed with the world of tech as I am, then surely you heard of the recent incident between Gizmodo and Apple. So basically, this guy that works for Apple got drunk left the prototype of the new iPhone at a bar. Yeah. So after some crafty bartering, the prototype anonymously fell into the laps of the cool kids over at Gizmodo. Then the shit seriously hit the fan and the police broke into the house of one of the editors and the drunk guy is getting fired and drama drama drama.

Anyways, Apple announced the iPhone 4 today.

Say hello to the phone with the most detailed and vivid screen ever put on a mobile device, some of the finest multi-touch technology, video-conferencing, multi-tasking and the ability to record video in 720p at smooth 30 frames-per-second. I know what you're thinking. Do want.

Everyone and their brother saw this coming. However, I did not expect to be able to pick this up as soon as it would be available. This thing is out June 24th and pre-order start the 15th. That's 17 days! Virtually nothing when you're a geek having to face months of trivial nothingness while your next favorite movie, game and/or book is being readied.

Fortunately for me, I am right smack-dab in the middle of the 18-20 month contract period that qualifies me for an insane discount on upgrading my current 3G iPhone to the latest model. I now only have to pay 18 dollars along with a renewal of my 2 year contract with AT&T, as opposed to the 200 FREAKING DOLLARS that gets tacked on to your sorry ass for wanting to upgrade early. However, AT&T extended the upgrade discount eligibility by six months so that everyone that matters can get the new iPhone. Hooray!

I'm pretty stoked here guys. I'm looking forward to using this as my main source for taking pics, since I've been yearning for a camera for a while now. This really steps up the game in photography for phones. I just can't believe how little I have to wait! This summer is gonna be so boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment