Friday, July 16, 2010

Inception: Your Mind Is the Scene of the Awesome

I've gotten into the habit of making lines for a lot of things lately. Last night I was at the front of the line, proof that the more lines I make the more my skills grown within that world of linear patience. Oh yeah, and the line was for Inception.


Judging from what I had seen in the trailers- rolling city streets, spinning hallways, slow-motion- I had expected Inception to be a total mind-bomb. I was expecting to get lost fast and be on the edge on my seat wondering just what in the hell was happening. This was not the case and it's a good thing too. Inception is one of the most ingenious and original concepts I've ever seen in a film. I was captivated from beginning to end.

To run it down for you, Inception is about people who go into dreams and perform theft operations on ideas to extract information. Heres the kicker though: now they have to plant an idea. So they go through several layers of dreams and the whole world just starts to collapse and ohmygod Ellen Page is so cute.

I love seeing movies at midnight. Or doing anything at midnight for that matter. I feel like I'm taking away more from the film than anybody who will watch it after me. I know I'm not. It's just a feeling. It's like I was there, man! Ya know? No? Okay...

This was also the first time I tried out Regal's new RPX or Regal Premium Experience. If you're a film buff then RPX is totally worth the five extra bucks on your ticket. Where in a regular film auditorium there is a wall with a screen mounted on top, in RPX there is naught but a screen so monumental that you forget you're in a theater. In a normal auditorium where the walls are lined with dim lights, in RPX the walls are lined with beastly speakers created to make your ears bleed with pleasure. And in a normal auditorium where the seats creak and fight the curve of your body, in RPX you have perfect leather seats that look like they were ripped out of a Ferrari and when you sit, well, the seats gently release a breath of air as you gently sink to the bottom of your new 2 hour home. It's nice.

So go see Inception!

P.S. I don't know anything about cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment